Quick Jump To
What is Beat the Microbead?
Beat the Microbead is a medical app for Android OS that is in the field of cosmetics and microbead. With this app you can check if your cosmetics contain plastic ingredients.. Plastic Soup Foundation created Beat the Microbead to meet the need for Cosmetics apps in medicine. With an average rating of 3.1 out of 5 stars, its latest Beat the Microbead apk is from Wednesday 11th of October 2023 and is available for free download here.
Beat the Microbead description
The Beat the Microbead app is a helpful tool for checking if your cosmetics and personal care products contain plastic ingredients. You can simply scan the product's ingredients using your phone's camera and the app will tell you if it contains microplastics. It uses a traffic light rating system, where red means the product contains microplastics, orange means it contains sceptical microplastics, and green means it's free of microplastics. By adding products to the app's database, you can contribute to the fight against microplastics and also discover microplastic-free brands. Plastic in cosmetics is a global problem that harms the environment and may pose health risks. The app was developed by the Plastic Soup Foundation and PINCH, a mobile development agency.
Beat the Microbead features
- Find the ingredients list on your product.
- Position the full list within your camera frame.
- Make sure the ingredients are clear to read.
- Take a picture to scan!
- RED: Products that contain microplastics.
- ORANGE: Products that contain what we call “sceptical” microplastics. With this, we mean synthetic polymers for which there is not enough information available.
- GREEN: Products that do not contain microplastics.
Download Beat the Microbead
We at AndroidMedical test all the apps we list on this website, so we can guarantee that Beat the Microbead is a safe app to install on your Android OS phone or tablet.